Your road to recovery starts now!
We know that you might have some questions and even reservations about your first visit. Just remember, we are excited to have you as a patient and look forward to welcoming you to our facility. From start to finish, our team will guide you every step of the way. We are committed to customer service, a friendly welcoming atmosphere, and a reputation for excellence. We love helping others and having fun doing it. So get ready to learn a lot and make some new friends along the way. Buckle up, here we go!
Check in / registration:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time to complete the registration process
- Please bring:
- insurance card(s)
- photo ID
- patient registration forms (download and complete prior to first visit)
Staff Tip: Maximize the time you spend with your physical therapist at your first visit by being prepared and arriving 15 minutes early to your first appointment.
-- Jim Bennett, MPT, Clinical Director Outpatient Services
Initial Physical Therapy Evaluation:
You will spend 60 minutes one-on-one with a licensed physical therapist doing a thorough evaluation and any applicable treatment for your current condition.
During your comprehensive evaluation, your physical therapist is:
- reviewing and collecting all relevant information about your current condition
- performing a thorough physical assessment of your current condition as well as your overall body
- devising a detailed plan to correct the issue
- administering any applicable treatment as necessary
At the completion of your assessment, your physical therapist will explain your treatment plan and expectations for recovery in easy to understand terms. They will also lay out our team approach to physical therapy, make recommendations on frequency and duration of treatment, and of course answer any questions you have regarding our services.
Staff Tip: We know what it takes to get RESULTS! Your PT develops a treatment plan during your first visit that is specifically designed for you and will advise you on frequency and duration of expected treatment. The plan may change as your treatment progresses. Stay informed, please ask any questions you have throughout your therapy.
-- Jessica Plunkett, DPT, Director of Physical Therapy
Check Out: Schedule, make payment, ask any questions
Lets get you set up... Time to schedule, make payment, and most importantly get any questions answered.
- You will be scheduled with our licensed medical providers according to your PT's recommendation
- All appointments will be 60 minutes long
- Typically most patients are seen 2 times per week
- Appointments are available every half hour. Ex: 8:00 am, 8:30am, 9:00am ...
- Phone call and text message reminders are available
- 24 hour cancellation policy
Staff Tip: Schedule in advance if possible to get the days and times that you need. You will always see a licensed medical provider, PT or PTA, during your visit. PTA's are licensed medical providers with extensive knowledge capable of providing and modifying your treatment program.
-- Stacey Horner, Office Specialist
- Your insurance benefits / financial responsibility will be explained in detail (if it hasn't been already)
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard and Discover
- Payment is due at time of service
Staff Tip: Make sure we have your updated insurance information prior to your first visit. We also highly suggest you contact your insurance provider directly to better understand your physical therapy benefits.
-- Barb Pollisino, Office Billing Specialist