Recipe: Simple Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
Nov 26, 2015
- 4 cups turkey stock or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 4 medium celery stalks, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat turkey stock, water, carrots, celery and onion to boiling. Lower heat, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and turkey and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered until noodles are tender, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition estimates (1 cup): 197 calories, 4 g fat, 14 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein
** Variations **
Turkey Rice Soup
- Substitute ½ cup regular long grain white rice for the uncooked noodles.
- Add the rice with the vegetables. cover and simmer about until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey and heat until it's hot.
Turkey Noodle Vegetable Soup:
Add ½ cup each frozen peas and corn or 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables with noodles and turkey.
Recipe adapted from Simple Nourished Living